Wordtracker has an opportunity for a Junior SysAdmin to join on a permanent basis.
The successful applicant will have the fantastic opportunity to work on our extensive infrastructure, supporting five Rails3 apps spread over 14 machines. We're using some pretty interesting technologies such as Puppet, Redis, Resque and Sphinx.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good working knowledge of CentOS/RHEL Linux
- Worked in a web services company
- A good understanding of sysadmin basics (filesystem, networks, firewalls)
- Working knowledge of performance metrics and tuning
- An understanding on machine life cycle management
- Basic admin experience with MySQL
- Some programming experience
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Puppet
- Knowledge of Zabbix
- Working experience of the agile development process
- Worked in an small to medium infrastructure setup (30+ machines)
- Having worked in a Ruby-centric environment
Wordtracker is a search marketing company that specialises in helping people get more traffic to their websites.
We're a well known company, with a strong brand and a worldwide client base. We are a self-sustaining business which has been running successfully for over 10 years - there's no VC funding.
At Wordtracker we offer a great company culture. You will be based in a modern open plan office - with exposed brickwork, lots of space and plenty of natural light - in north London (Kentish Town, about five minutes walk from the tube).
We work in a pretty casual environment with flexible working hours. We have a stand-up every morning at 11am; we work from home on Mondays (unless you need to be pairing with someone) and our lunch on Fridays is provided from a local organic cafe. Of course, there's always plenty of fruit and snacks in the office, a holiday allowance of 23 days a year and a contributory pension scheme.
The successful applicant will report to Steven Shingler, the company's CTO.
If you feel you have what it takes to make this role a success please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th April 2011.
Please note we do not accept CVs from Recruitment Agencies.