Over the last few days, we’ve added a number of improvements and new features to the Link Builder tool. This covers:
- Rank linking domains more accurately
- Describe and manage link campaigns more effectively
- Manage prospects within a campaign more effectively
- Keep data fresher by increasing the frequency of crawl
1. Rank linking domains more accurately
Previously results were ordered according to the rank of the ‘page containing the top link’. On occasions, this pushed some poor results towards the top of the table.
We now rank each linking domain by the ‘number of linking domains’ that in turn link to it. The higher the number of linking domains, the more popular a domain is likely to be – and therefore the more valuable a link from that domain is.
We’ve also made the figures in the ‘number of linking domains’ column live so that when you click on it, you can see the actual linking domains.
We have also introduced a new feature that allows you to find even more link prospects.
Not only do we give you the number of linking domains to a particular domain, but we allow you to click on the number to actually see the linking domains.
So if you click on the number 276,544 beside gizmodo.com, you’ll see the top domains that link to gizmodo.com
2. Describe and manage link campaigns more effectively
The ‘MyCampaigns’ page now allows you to create a description of each campaign that you’re running. Just click on the space and enter your description.
We’ve also separated ‘Prospect’ and ‘Status’:
And we’ve made it possible to remove campaigns that you no longer need:
3. Manage prospects within a campaign more effectively
You can now:
- Filter prospects by the text in the notes
- See link prospects ranked by the number of domains that link to them
- Set your own priority for each link prospect using a scale of 1-5. We recommend assigning a score of 1 to the highest priority domains.
4. Keep data fresher by increasing the frequency of crawl
Working with our suppliers Majestic SEO, we have greatly increased our re-crawling capacity. This means that there will be far fewer dead links in the results.
We will now be re-crawling an average of 1.5 million of the most popular URLs per day.
5. Let us know what you think
Once you've tried the new features, please let us know what you think in the comments box below. We'd love to hear from you.