Mid-level Linux Sysadmin wanted
Posted by Justin Deaville on 20 September 2012
Wordtracker is looking for a Linux SysAdmin to join on a permanent basis.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing our infrastructure and supporting five Rails3 apps spread over 14 machines. We're using technologies such as Puppet, Redis, Resque and Sphinx.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A thorough understanding (minimum 3 years experience) of sysadmin (networks, firewalls, shell scripting, virtualisation, RAID disk management) and best practice
- A good knowledge of CentOS/RHEL Linux
- Knowledge of Puppet
- Knowledge of Zabbix
- Admin experience with MySQL
- Worked in a web services company
- Working knowledge of performance metrics and tuning
- An understanding on machine life cycle management
- Working experience of the agile development process
You will be responsible for sourcing new services and migrating our legacy systems.
At Wordtracker we offer a great company culture. You will be based in a modern open plan office - with exposed brickwork, lots of space and plenty of natural light - in north London (Kentish Town, about five minutes walk from the tube).
We work in a pretty casual environment with flexible working hours. We have a stand-up every morning at 10am and our lunch on Fridays is provided from a local organic cafe. Of course, there's always plenty of fruit and snacks in the office, a holiday allowance of 23 days a year and a contributory pension scheme.
If you feel you have what it takes to make this role a success please send your CV, or any questions, to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Justin Deaville
Justin has worked with a variety of clients - including both established businesses such as social media management firm, Sendible.com; wine retailer, WinesDirect.co.uk; and the online gift specialists Presents for Men. You'll find a fuller profile on Google+ or LinkedIn
If you'd like to improve your online marketing, whether that's social media, SEO, PPC, or conversion optimization, just send me an email: email@example.com