eMarketer has predicted that online sales will increase by 13% this year, meaning retailers need to focus on their digital channels to capitalize on increased consumer spending across the digital landscape.
It may only be September but, it’s never too early to start planning for holiday shopping success. In fact, with many shoppers already beginning to turn their attention to gift giving, now is the ideal time to put your campaign plans in motion.
A new infographic from Signal has set out to unwrap the 2016 holiday shopper. Key findings include:
- 21% of top performing retailers began their holiday promotions as early as September.
- In 2015, U.S. Internet users began their holiday gift shopping on Amazon (35%) over search engines (23%) and retail stores (20%)
- Holiday retail sales on smartphones jumped 96% during 2015 and is forecasted to grow 50% in 2016.
- The primary way holiday shoppers browse for gifts is on a desktop or laptop (36%), but the most frequent way consumers purchase gifts is in stores (33%).
- Digital advertising has an impact on consumers with 50% of consumers say digital ads on a website or mobile app influence their holiday gift buying.