The Essential Online Video Handbook
What You Need to Know to Capitalize on this Explosive Trend (Even if You’ve Never Shot a Video in Your Life)
In Wordtracker’s e-book, “Videotastic! How to make amazing videos and sell more online” you’ll learn:
- Why web videos are a critical part of the marketing mix
- The fundamentals of effective video production
- The classic filming mistakes that scream “amateur”
- How to optimize your videos for top Google rankings
- How to repurpose your video content for maximum returns
"I've met few people that understand every aspect of video production like Gareth. Read carefully what he has to say, and your next video may well go viral!"
Andy Beal, CEO of Trackur
"As someone whose experience with camera work is limited to an iphone, I read this e-book from the perspective of someone who truly needed to be led along the path. From camera choice to marketing the final product, you're given all the information that you need to make the best choice, without being overwhelmed by extraneous verbiage."
Julie Joyce, Link Fish Media
"With the world of video and SEO changing as quickly as the British weather, it's never been more important to have a valuable resource you can trust by your bedside. This book is a valuable insight into online video, both past and present. If you've already realized the power of online video or are just starting out, this is a 'must have' book written by an expert you'd be wise to listen to."
Jamie MacDow, Interactive Manager, a fish in sea
Prospects Are 72% More Likely to Buy With Video
Whether we watch them on our smartphones, YouTube or Facebook, online videos have become a staple for entertainment, socializing and communication today.
And now, businesses are catching on to this increasingly influential medium. In the last decade alone, online video has evolved from a rudimentary sales experiment to a powerful global trend that’s changing the way consumers make buying decisions. Consider this:
- People are 64-85% more likely to buy after watching a product video
- People spend about 20 minutes more on a site when watching a video
- Videos give a 53% higher chance of Google #1 rankings for a product
- Videos lead to a 6% increase in offline sales
Online video is a highly versatile platform that can be tailored to a company’s needs. It can help build trust and credibility, educate prospects about products or services, or simply start a dialogue with new audiences. Videos can be formal or conversational, professional or down-to-earth. The sky’s the limit.
And Making Web Videos is Easier Than Ever Before
Thanks to technology, creating sales-boosting web videos is easier and more cost-effective than ever. Forget needing a truckload of expensive equipment and staff of production experts. Today, you can do wonders with a good video camera, solid editing software, and some basic know-how.
Indeed, video is a formidable business tool that can help you attract more traffic, gain more customers, and increase your sales and profits. But if you’re new to the world of online video, where do you even begin? How can you avoid making ‘rookie mistakes’ that end up costing you both time and money?
To truly make online video work for your business, you need knowledgeable advice from an industry expert – in a practical format you can easily understand.
And Wordtracker is giving you both in our this e-book.
Introducing the Essential ‘How-To’ Guide for Online Video
Wordtracker has joined forces with Gareth Davies, an acclaimed SEO and ecommerce expert, to create “Videotastic! How to make amazing videos and sell more online” – a must-have guide to planning, producing and marketing effective web video. Gareth has helped hundreds of small businesses create videos that have exponentially boosted their conversion rates and profitability. And he can help you, too.
“Videotastic!” incorporates insights and practical tips gained over the course of a decade spent working in motion graphics, web video production and online marketing. Through easy-to-follow text, screenshots and imagery, you’ll learn how to create high-impact web videos that can dramatically improve your online marketing results.
If you were to hire a sought-after consultant like Gareth to devise your web video strategy, it might cost you a small fortune. But there’s no need. “Videotastic!” represents thousands of hours of expert advice – all channeled into a digestible book format you can refer back to time and again.
After reading the book, you'll be ready and eager to kick your online video campaign into high gear. What’s more, you’ll be light years ahead of your competitors who are still resting on their internet marketing laurels.
What’s Inside the Book?
“Videotastic! How to make amazing videos and sell more online” is divided into 18 concise and engaging chapters, each focused on a specific aspect of video marketing. Here’s a quick look at what you’ll find:
Chapters 1-4: The Backstory of Online Video
When you dig into these chapters, you’ll learn about:
- The early roots of advertising with moving pictures
- Key advances in web video technology over the last decade (from Flash software to YouTube)
- How the introduction of affordable cameras completely changed the online video game
- The various types of web videos, from product demonstrations to customer testimonials to question-and-answer sessions – Gareth explains each one and their potential benefits for your business
- How viral videos can help spread your brand message like wildfire (and why it's the hardest type to produce successfully)
In Chapter 4, Gareth explores the time-tested “shopping channel” format (think HSN and QVC) – an excellent model from which aspiring web video marketers can learn. He dissects the methodology behind shopping networks bit-by-bit, revealing simple, proven techniques you can use to make your videos more compelling and effective. Employ these strategies – and watch your conversions soar!
Chapters 5-10: Getting Started
Once you have a basic understanding of the different flavors of online videos and their objectives, it’s time to talk about the logistics of video production. After reading this section of the book, you’ll have a better grasp on:
- How to produce professional-looking videos without breaking the bank – and how to select the right video equipment
- Why a focused script is an essential video-planning tool – and how to create one from the ground up
- How to create a storyboard that brings razor focus to your production
- Why including a call to action in your script or video page is critical to getting visitors to respond (Gareth gives a whole list of suggestions)
- When and how to hire the right talent for your video production, including presenters, models and actors
- How many people are required at a video shoot (and why having too many can be the kiss of death)
- Why the right lighting is imperative for your video, and how you can use both artificial and natural light to achieve it
- Things you absolutely must consider when choosing a filming location (like background noise and access)
- The classic web video mistakes that can destroy all of your hard work – and how you can avoid them
- Simple Hollywood editing techniques you can use to refine your footage (and which software programs can make your life easier)
- Whether it’s more beneficial to handle your video in-house or hire an outside source – find out the pros and cons of both
Gareth explains these concepts in unbiased detail, allowing you to make an informed decision that’s right for your company – and your budget.
Chapters 11-17: Marketing Your Finished Videos
So your video is done – but that’s only the beginning. How can you be sure it gets seen by a broad and relevant audience? In these last chapters of “Videotastic!” you’ll discover how to get the most mileage out of your videos by positioning them properly on the web. Read these chapters and learn:
- The vast range of methods you can use to promote your videos, from blogging to affiliate marketing to press releases and more
- How to choose the most captivating, irresistible title for your video (it’s the first thing people will see when it comes up in the search engines)
- How to use social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter to give your videos quick and broad exposure
- How video-sharing sites – like YouTube and many others – can bring highly targeted traffic to your website
- How to easily create closed captions for your videos
- The 6 key elements that allow you to control where your video appears in Google’s search result listings
- How to decide whether to host your videos yourself or upload them to a file-sharing site (there are many factors to consider)
- How to frame your entry pages (the page on which your video is embedded) to engage visitors and compel them to watch your video
- How to use your videos to improve your site’s overall search engine rankings (remember, product pages featuring a video are 53 times more likely to reach page #1 on Google!)
- How to use your videos to create more rank-boosting back-links from video search engines, bookmarking websites, and blogs
- Fast and simple ways to re-use your video content to attract even more relevant traffic to your website (so you get the most ‘bang for your buck’)
In the final chapter of “Videotastic! How to make amazing videos and sell more online” Gareth re-emphasizes the importance of including video in the online marketing toolbox. You’ll learn:
- Why knowing which type of video content your consumers crave is just as vital as knowing how to produce one
- How online video is expected to evolve in the coming months and years (where it’s headed just may surprise you)
- The biggest challenge online marketers now face when it comes to successfully leveraging online video (and how the book can help you surmount it)
Who is This Book For?
“Videotastic!” was created for people of all levels of ability and involvement in web marketing – from those who know nothing about online video to professionals looking to strengthen their expertise. Below is just a sampling of people who will benefit from the information contained inside:
- Small business owners looking to grow their company
- Sales managers looking for better results
- SEOs working on their own or in an agency
- Marketing managers with responsibility for the whole marketing mix
- Web designers and agencies who want to incorporate online video into new and existing client websites
This book is a fundamental tool for anyone interested in learning how to leverage the power of online video to get additional website traffic, higher conversions, and more sales and profits for their business!
Learn From An Online Video Authority
Gareth Davies, author of “Videotastic!” specializes in SEO and online video production. He is director of the online marketing agency, GSINC Ltd., and has been a trusted advisor for ecommerce businesses since 2002. In addition to client work, Gareth writes for a range of online publications, including Marketing Pilgrim and Wordtracker Academy. He is also the editor of the Ecommerce Monthly newsletter.
During his impressive career, Gareth has helped thousands of clients – from solo entrepreneurs to major organizations – build their brands and recognize their true profit potential online. And we’re not the only ones who think highly of him. Here’s some genuine feedback directly from Gareth’s clients:
"Gareth Davies is an expert at video production and video SEO. This resource is indispensable for anyone who wants to learn more about these subjects"
Danny Dover, Author, SEO Secrets, former senior SEO at SEOmoz and AT&T. Writer at LifeListed.com, a bucket list blog
"This guide is actually incredibly useful as I have started doing web videos and have problems getting the "details" right about lighting, shot selection and sound. You don't need to spend a lot on your own equipment but really need to get the basics right to make video look professional. This is definitely a thorough guide to the in/outs of video production and marketing."
Chee Ho Wan, Traffic Optimiser
"The idea for using product videos on our website was inspirational, and has really improved conversion rates."
Ruth Brown, Marketing, WD Bathrooms
"Thanks for the insight, Gareth. Video marketing is totally new to me and once I get it all figured out, I will definitely be implementing your suggestions and tips."
Maurice Bernier, The Power Of ONE Income 4 Life.Com
"Lots of good content I can use today. I'm actually in the process of promoting a recent launch, and you've helped re-clarify some of the things I should be doing and paying attention to.”
Curt Donohue, PrestaTraining.com
At over 140 pages, “Videotastic! How to make amazing videos and sell more online” is incredibly comprehensive, featuring page after page of sound advice from an industry-leading pro. But don’t let the length overwhelm you. This guide is so easy to follow – even if you’re a novice in the world of online video! To help you quickly grasp key concepts and immediately put them to use, the book:
- Uses photos, graphics and screenshots to help illustrate key points
- Summarizes critical takeaways at the end of each chapter
- Includes a list of valuable resources for further reading and exploration
Don’t Get Left Behind – Take Action Today
As mentioned earlier, web pages that feature video are far more likely to rank on the first page of Google than text-only pages. But as more and more videos come online, this phenomenon will steadily fade.
So it stands to reason that businesses entering the web video space now will have a major competitive advantage.
Those who enter later, when niche markets are already flooded with video, will face an uphill battle in getting their content seen.
Which group do you want to be a part of? The time to act is now.
To order “Videotastic!” simply click on the link below:
The book is immediately downloadable as a .PDF. A link containing download instructions will be sent to you right after your purchase.
A 12 page extract is available here
Your Satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed
As with all of our e-books, we’re confident you’ll be positively thrilled with “Videotastic! How to make amazing videos and sell more online” However, if for any reason you’re not satisfied, just let us know – and Wordtracker will cheerfully refund your money at any point within 90 days of purchase. No questions asked!
Get instant access to Videotastic! How to make amazing videos and sell more online today
This is a 145 page e-book.
If you have any questions or would rather give your details over the phone you can call us:
- From the USA and Canada: 011 44 333 200 4555
- From the UK: 0333 200 4555 (calls are charged at local rates)
- From another country: +44 333 200 4555
If you'd prefer to email, we're at: email@example.com.
Or you can contact us for a live chat.