Article Marketing, Simplified
Article Marketing Simplified In Wordtracker’s e-book you’ll learn:
- The anatomy of a rank-boosting article
- How to select topics that will draw in droves of readers
- Secrets to creating attention-grabbing titles
- A foolproof way to optimize your articles for Google
- Where to submit your articles – and how often
Articles: Time-Tested Business-Boosters
Since the dawn of media, article marketing has been a key element in the marketing mix.
Whether it was executives penning guest columns for a trade magazine or the local newspaper covering a new product launch, having your company’s name in print has always wielded major business-building power.
Fast forward to today. With the internet, the importance of article marketing has grown tenfold. Why? Because the quantity and quality of your site's inbound links are vital factors in determining your site's position in Google's results.
So, if you write superb content and publish it on your site - and other people link to it - your search engine rankings may improve.
Publish articles on other sites, include a link to your own web pages, and you’ve got another way to increase your site's visibility. The more links you have on other high traffic sites, the more likely you’ll be to attract visits to your own site.
Article marketing is a practical, effective way to create inbound links for your site - and it’s far less time-consuming than other link building strategies.
And the benefits go beyond SEO: publishing articles online helps you promote your products and services, position yourself as an expert in your field, and start a dialogue with valuable prospective customers and clients.
“So I’ll Hire Someone to Write 50 Articles for $20. Easy - Right?”
In recent years, many businesses have resorted to using “fast and cheap” article writing services to save time and money in their content marketing endeavors. Pay a small fee, flood the web with dozens of articles linking back to your site, and your search engine popularity will soar … right?
Not so fast. A major update by Google (Panda) has affected 12% of sites - and has cut many sites’ traffic in half.
This critical update to Google's algorithm - known as the Panda (or Farmer) update - means it's more important than ever that your site contains high quality content.
Stating, “… people searching on Google typically don't want to see shallow or poorly written content,” Google now penalizes article directories and others that are considered to be link farms. These sites often contain low quality articles - the type you’re likely to get from those inexpensive content writing vendors.
Article directories are now demanding expert-level quality before allowing you to publish your work on their sites. They've implemented much stricter standards. Likewise, other websites that use mass-published articles and other content on their sites may now start being exceptionally picky about which articles they reprint.
Suffice it to say that it’s no longer enough to simply employ articles as part of your overall marketing strategy. You must also make sure your articles are engaging, well-constructed and packed with value for your readers.
Here’s the Good News …
If you’re feeling mild panic starting to set in, rest easy. The fact is that you don’t need to hire a pricey PR firm or content creation agency to execute an effective article marketing strategy.
Rather, you can do it yourself (it’s easier than you think). In Wordtracker’s e-book, we outline a simple, step-by-step system for writing articles that fuel better business results. Read on to learn more!
Introducing the Essential Guide to Wildly Successful Article Marketing
Penned by copywriting guru Karon Thackston, “Wordtracker Masterclass: Article Marketing - The Write Way to Build More Links” shows you how to easily create premium quality articles that attract not only search engine spiders, but also human beings that are in the market for the products or services your offer. You’ll learn:
• How to identify your audience, their pain points and their hot buttons
• Simple methods for creating guest articles that attract customers you might not otherwise have found
• A step-by-step plan for creating an endless list of article topics
• How to choose the writing style that delivers optimal results
• Dozens of real-life examples you can study and replicate
• 5 do’s for creating captivating opening paragraphs
• A foolproof method of optimizing for Google, Bing and other search engines
• Enlightening questions to ask yourself before writing and/or publishing your work
• Why writing to human beings gets you better results than writing for the engines
• How to structure your articles so they're easier to read (and write)
• The secret to hooking readers right from the start - so they hang on every word you write
• How to write articles that beg to be reprinted by authorities in your niche_
• 26 article styles (with examples) to guide your writing efforts
• The right and wrong ways to submit your articles
• Specific insights into what makes articles fail or succeed
• How to create a bio that demands to be clicked
• Insider secrets to making your content enticing and engaging
• 5 simple ways to transform any title so it instantly grabs your reader_
• Why every article site is not the same - and how to choose the best ones
Through screenshots and straightforward explanations, Karon demonstrates how to turn every article you write into a powerful promotional tool.
What’s more, each info-packed chapter contains simple worksheets you can use to systematically follow the steps she outlines.
Here’s a Sneak-Peek at What’s Inside the Book
In this first chapter, Karon shows you how to research your audience using the latest social media techniques. You’ll be able to better understand who your reader is, their challenges and pain points, and the types of subject matter they’re really interested in reading about.
At the end of Chapter 1, you'll have the knowledge you need to create articles that truly strike a chord. After all, the more you know about your readers' wants and needs, the more irresistible your writing will be to them!
To get the optimal return from your article marketing efforts, you need to be familiar with the different styles of articles and, more importantly, which styles are best suited to certain situations.
In Chapter 2, Karon explains the two types and 26 styles of tried-and-true articles - known to deliver excellent results for businesses - from News, Reviews and Human Interest to Case Studies, Analysis and How-Tos.
She even gives you real-life examples - so you can easily emulate the style you’re after. And with each article style, Karon reveals her “secret for success” to help you avoid common mistakes and create a piece that really delivers!
Truth be told, planning is the not-so-sexy underside of successful article writing. Telling content creators that they have to plan is a bit like telling your child he has to clean his room.
But the fact is that regardless of what you're creating (articles, copy, blog posts, etc.), it’s likely to turn out better when you put some time into the planning phase. In this chapter, Karon looks at simple, effective tips for:
• Finding out exactly what your followers want
• Generating juicy topic ideas - anywhere, anytime
• Creating an easy-to-stick-to editorial calendar
• Maintaining the ideal article-publishing momentum
When it comes to writing online content, it makes sense to include SEO as part of your creation process. But if you want your articles to be prominent in Google’s listings, you're going to need a sound optimization plan.
In Chapter 4, Karon outlines a concise, foolproof search engine optimization method you can follow every time you publish an article.
• How to find the keywords your prospects and customers are using
• How to select the best keywords for each article you write
• Exactly where to place those keywords for maximum results
• Whether to use articles on your own site, distribute them elsewhere, or both
Compelling, well-written articles don’t just happen by accident. Rather, they follow a strategic structure that pulls readers through until the very last word.
Throughout this chapter, Karon shows you how to plan the framework of your articles so that they produce stellar results. She explains:
• What causes some articles to succeed while others fall short
• The ideal length for your articles
• Why narrow topics win hands-down over broad ones
• The ground rules for creating a piece that’s easy to follow
• The right way to code your inbound keyword links
Karon also shows you how to write an effective and engaging “About the Author” blurb for your articles. She even includes “before and after” versions of real-life bios found online.
What exactly is it that makes an article title stop a person's roving eyes and command them to keep reading?
In Chapter 6, Karon breaks down the components of an engaging title - and demonstrates a variety of attention-grabbing styles you can use to draw in readers by the dozens. You’ll see examples of headlines that work - and those that fail miserably.
Then, once your title is set, you can move on to the second most important element of your article: the opening paragraph. Karon outlines the DOs and DON’Ts of creating captivating opening paragraphs using examples pulled straight from the web.
Getting your articles reprinted or quoted by heavy-hitters in your field should be the ultimate goal of any marketer. In addition to garnering you far more traffic that’s targeted to your niche, you’ll be introduced to fresh new audiences you might not otherwise have had access to.
What’s more, since reprinting someone else's article is synonymous with offering an endorsement, you also develop a great deal of instant trust with the new target segment you've found yourself in front of.
In Chapter 7, Karon outlines a simple 4-step process for writing reprint-worthy articles that:
• Flow logically and accomplish a specific goal
• Present a professional image to the reader
• Make the reader feel as if they’ve learned something of value
She even gives you hints for creating a seamless closing to your piece - a feat that can be tricky for even the most seasoned content creators.
At the core of every triumphant article marketing effort is a solid list of article distribution sites. These sites, in fact, are the very heart of your campaign. Select high quality sites, and you’ll reap the rewards. But choose unwisely, and your marketing initiative can be derailed before it’s even begun.
In this final chapter, Karon divulges:
• A surefire method for assessing the quality of the sites you're distributing to
• A site selection worksheet that helps you quickly evaluate sites so you can target the ones that will bring the most search engine benefit
• A list of high-quality sites that accept article submissions and have proven their worth time and again. (Trust us: this list alone justifies the price of the book!)
• Exclusive tips from Google's own Head of Webspam on how to avoid duplicate-content filters resulting from over-submitting your articles
Who is This Book For?
“Wordtracker Masterclass: Article Marketing - The Write Way to Build More Links” is designed for people of all levels of ability and involvement in online marketing. Below is just a cross-section of those who will benefit from this book:
• Businesses building their own sites
• Agencies promoting their clients’ work
• Businesses with a website that isn’t attracting much traffic
• Copywriters looking to improve their online article writing skills
• Anyone with an online presence who wishes they had more links and better rankings
This book is ideal for absolutely everyone interested in learning how to harness the power of article marketing to propel their business to greater heights!
Learn From an Online Writing Authority
Karon Thackston, author of “Wordtracker Masterclass: Article Marketing - The Write Way to Build More Links” is a copywriting master who is widely respected in her field. In addition to running her own full-time copywriting agency, Karon has written and self-published four books, including the popular Step-by-Step Copywriting Course (5th Edition), Writing With Keywords, Effective Websites for Small Businesses, and How to Write Successful PPC Ads She has also been a featured speaker at several prominent SEO conferences on the topics of search engine copywriting, PPC copywriting and ecommerce copywriting.
Karon has used her expertise to help thousands - from individual entrepreneurs to major corporations - grow their online sales and revenue through strategic SEO copywriting, and now she shares her “secrets of the trade” with you.
And we’re not the only ones singing Karon’s praises. Here’s what people have said about her books:
I found Karon's e-book, "Article Marketing, The Write Way to Build More Links" engaging, practical, and easy-to-use. The writing is well organized and the e-book itself visually pleasing, a product the publishers obviously take pride in. Karon explains jargon, makes it easy to understand and gives clear examples. In short, this is a masterful tutorial. Most importantly, Karon values good writing and distinguishes between simply optimizing your writing vs. producing quality content that will draw readers. Common sense prevails in her teaching along with all-important balance; rather than keyword proliferation, good writing is still at the heart of writing. Karon cares about quality and leads her readers to find develop it via her many, helpful suggestions. I feel as though Karon has put me on the high road to writing for the internet. Thanks, Karon! - Catherine Gentile, Writer, Author and Teacher at http://www.catherinegentile.com/
"I've been reading through your PPC book and I’m loving it. Even advanced PPC markets should look at pages 19 and 20 for ideas on new ads for their optimization and a/b testing." - Matt DeYoung, PPC Strategist & Landing Page Design Professional
"What I like most is that this book walks the writer through an actual process or method that he/she can use for writing PPC ads." - Karri Flatla, Snap! Virtual Associates
“Writing With Keywords is great! I did a test on 1 page a couple of weeks ago. I used some of your techniques on just this 1 page. It's number 3 to 5 on Yahoo and climbing higher and higher on Google.” - David Kennedy, Managing Partner of GWennies.com
“I love it! Your e-book helped me create keyword-rich copy without sounding unnatural or spammy. I just wanted to thank you for writing such a clear, easily understood "how-to" on one of the most important, and challenging, aspects of great web copy.” - Ian McAnerin, www.mcanerin.com
“Karon certainly knows her stuff - she gives a step-by-step guide to writing targeted copy as used by the professionals. You will be surprised at what you didn't know!" - Kate H.
“I just wanted to tell you that the course was a big help to me, and that my (wife's) website traffic has increased in number of visitors, increased time on site, increased referral $$ generated plus lower Adwords cost-per-click (by 25%) due to better relevancy to search phrases. The site has a ways to go, but is in much better shape today thanks to following the suggestions in your course.” - Skip Jentsch, Website Owner/Coach
At 148 pages, “Wordtracker Masterclass: Article Marketing - The Write Way to Build More Links” is no half-baked handout - it’s about as comprehensive as e-books get. But don’t let the length intimidate you. This highly practical guide is a cinch to follow, even if you’re new to article writing. To help you quickly grasp key concepts and immediately apply them to your own business, the book:
• Includes useful worksheets and checklists that help you put Karon’s article-writing strategies in motion
• Gives you loads of real-life examples taken straight from the web to help illustrate the teachings of each chapter
• Walks you through actual articles, showing you where they succeed and where they fail (so you can avoid making the same blunders)
• Gives you simple formulas you can use to write articles that will deliver more traffic, sales and revenue for your business
Unlike other how-tos that promote a broad, “one-size-fits-all” approach to writing articles, “Wordtracker Masterclass: Article Marketing - The Write Way to Build More Links” supplies article-writing strategies to suit a variety of industries, audiences and objectives. Whatever the nature of your business, Karon shows you how to write content that your followers crave - and that search engines adore.
Once you’ve read this engaging yet perfectly uncomplicated book, you’ll find it easier than you ever imagined to not only get your article marketing engine started - but keep it humming along beautifully in the months and years to come.
To order “Wordtracker Masterclass: Article Marketing - The Write Way to Build More Links,” simply click on the link below:
The book is immediately downloadable as a pdf file. A link containing download instructions will be sent to you right after your purchase.
If you'd like a taste of what's in the book, have a look at this 15 page extract
100% Money-Back Guarantee
As with all of our e-books, we’re confident you’ll be positively thrilled with “Wordtracker Masterclass: Article Marketing - The Write Way to Build More Links” However, if for any reason you’re not satisfied, just let us know and Wordtracker will cheerfully refund your money at any point within 90 days of purchase. No questions asked!
Get instant access to Wordtracker Masterclass: Article Marketing today
This is a 148 page e-book.
If you have any questions or would rather give your details over the phone you can call us:
- From the USA and Canada: 011 44 333 200 4555
- From the UK: 0333 200 4555 (calls are charged at local rates)
- From another country: +44 333 200 4555
If you'd prefer to email, we're at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can contact us for a live chat.